Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 2021 10:35:54 +0300
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Subject:   Re: ipv4 and ipv6 question

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 8:05 AM Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa> wrote:

> On 9/30/21 01:30, tech-lists wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have native ipv4 and ipv6 and a lot more ipv6 addresses available than
> > ipv4. Is there some way of having (externally routable) multiple
> > ipv6-only interfaces behind that one ipv4 address?
> >
> > let's say the machine name is ipv6-a.some.name.whatevertld and its
> > interface has one /64 and only that ip. can I make a machine
> > call it ipv4.some.name.whatevertld, give it its own ipv4 (and its own
> > ipv6 - call it ipv6-b.some.name.whatevertld) address and configure it
> > to route ipv6-a packets to the right machine?
> >
> > Otherwise my ipv6-a machine will only be accessible by someone with ipv6
> > functionality. Basically i'm asking if I can somehow put an ipv6-only
> > machine on the internet and have it accessible via ipv4. I dimly
> > remember something about 4to6 and 6to4 translation - is that how?
>
> Look into enabling 464XLAT.
>
> Mark.

When you search

464XLAT

in Google , you may find some links below :

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6877
464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation

https://sites.google.com/site/tmoipv6/464xlat
 464XLAT -- A Solution for Providing IPv4 Services Over and IPv6-only
Network

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_transition_mechanism
IPv6 transition mechanism

among many others ...

"464XLAT" information is based on  the above message , because I am
learning it from the above message .
I thought more extensive information would be useful ...

With best wishes for all humanity ...

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk