Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:55:27 EST
From:      Maria1701@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please help

--part1_6.123d6706.27bedfaf_boundary

I really hope I get a reply to this mail.

I was advised to use pqmagic on my friends computer.  He was getting an error
message (cannot read c drive). I tried numerous things before being given
pqmagic.

This did not work, however that is not the question.  When my friend took the
computer to a shop, he was advised that pqmagic had acted like a magnet and
deleted all his files.  My friend has his own business and all data was very
important.  The shop then installed a new hard drive.  I would like to ask if
this is possible, if not, I would like to explain to my friend that it was
not pqmagic that emptied his machine of his data.  I find this hard to
believe and in actual fact I would like to clear things up with him.

I really hope you can help me regarding this very important problem.  I am
only looking for confirmation that the shop person was talking nonsense.

Maria Carenduff (please respond)

--part1_6.123d6706.27bedfaf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I really hope I get a reply to this mail.
<BR>
<BR>I was advised to use pqmagic on my friends computer. &nbsp;He was getting an error
<BR>message (cannot read c drive). I tried numerous things before being given
<BR>pqmagic.
<BR>
<BR>This did not work, however that is not the question. &nbsp;When my friend took the
<BR>computer to a shop, he was advised that pqmagic had acted like a magnet and
<BR>deleted all his files. &nbsp;My friend has his own business and all data was very
<BR>important. &nbsp;The shop then installed a new hard drive. &nbsp;I would like to ask if
<BR>this is possible, if not, I would like to explain to my friend that it was
<BR>not pqmagic that emptied his machine of his data. &nbsp;I find this hard to
<BR>believe and in actual fact I would like to clear things up with him.
<BR>
<BR>I really hope you can help me regarding this very important problem. &nbsp;I am
<BR>only looking for confirmation that the shop person was talking nonsense.
<BR>
<BR>Maria Carenduff (please respond)</FONT></HTML>

--part1_6.123d6706.27bedfaf_boundary--