Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:25:09 +0930
From:      Tim Peters <tim@lost.net.au>
To:        Joseph Lephan <mystical@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd not correctly monitoring cpu usage

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:30:29PM -0500, Joseph Lephan wrote:
> For instance, gkrellm will not detect ANY cpu usage at all. This
> is driving me nuts. I've read multiple manuals, but no where is it
> listed where to configure freebsd for this porpose. I'm only
> guessing that my kernelconf wasn't configured correctly, or that
> something is seriously wrong. BTW not only is gkrellm acting up,
> but also any Wmaker dockapp, or Xcpu utility.
> please help

what about 'top'?  does that display any CPU usage?

some load monitors only work on linux.  i'd expect them to work if
you installed them from ports, but you don't say if you did or not.

ps - while writing the above 3 lines, i installed gkrellm on my
freebsd 4.5 machine and it worked fine!

--
Tim Peters