Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:56:45 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB and -current

I haven't been able to find the usb mailing list....
where's it gone?

I've been trying ot run some USB programs
specifically gphoto2
and I came to the conclusion that there may be some incompatibility
in the libusb layer..

since then I discovered that there are TWO libusb's..

One from NetBSD and one from the world of pinguins (Actually sourcforge)

It seems to me that our libusb needs to be called libusb-hid
since it only supports the HID compatible devices and the one at sourceforge
should probably be called libusb.

Has anyone managed to get the libusb (gpl) to work under freeBSD -current?
More specifically has anyone managed to get the gphoto2 library to work?

julian