Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:44:49 -0400
From:      Rail mail <railmail@gmail.com>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating issues

well I was thinking either I do binary updates or recompile updates.
My first question started off with "can I get security fixes with out
recompiling?".

I knew about upgrade in sysinstall, but the word was that gets the
release specified, not necessarily security fixes.

So then I thought you have to recompile to get updates. But
freebsd-update was then introduced to me. But It complained since we
had to recompile the src for the release (5.1) to get certain features
in the kernel.

So I am still stuck with the question "can I get security fixes with
out recompiling?".

R.