Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:04:15 +1000
From:      "mworld" <mworld@rom.no-ip.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.11 + Apache 2.0.54

Hi. I have a server with FreeBSD 4.11 on it and Apache 2.0.54. SSL is =
active.

The Setup:

There is another apache running on one ip ( with listen ip:80 and listen =
ip:443 ) and the main apache is listening on 13 other ips. The =
configuration has 296 vhosts most of them on one ip and some with static =
ips for ssl. They all use Rotatelogs for one of their log files.

The Problem:

Adding just one more listen ip:80 to httpd.conf or one more vhost causes =
apache to either 'bus error' or 'core dump'. I have tested this on my =
local FreeBSD 5.4 and I cannot reproduce the error. My guess is there is =
not enough resources somewhere for apache to start. Perhaps a socket =
buffer or something ? Has anyone come across this kind of error or has =
any advice on possible solutions ? Thanks.

Regards,
Otto.