Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:04:31 +0000
From:      David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lyx dvips error - only prints small files

I have just installed tex 3.13159, dvips 5.76 and Lyx 1.1.4fix1
I am using FreeBSD 3.4 with XFree86 3.3.3

I am just printing the example files that come with LyX.
The first two print fine through dvips and gs butter
the larger ones don't - can't view in dvi or ps either.

All get the same error on the text screen;

"UserGuide.dvi: No such file or directory"

The only tip I've heard so far was that memory might be low
I tried increasing it (from 1Meg to 2 to 5) in the file;

"/usr/local/share/texmf/ps/config.ps"

but that didn't work (not sure if I have to run anything
to make the memory change take effect)

Any ideas?