Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:29:58 +0800
From:      Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seting baclground color in fvwm95?

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:58:47 -0400
stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> How can I set the background color for a session using fvwm95?
> xsetroot sets the color, but when the window manmager starts up, it
> overwrites that change.
>
> I fell certain it's a setting in the .fvwm95rc file, but I cna't find
> any docs on the syntax.

I don't know the answer to that particular question, but I can tell you
that if you go to the fvwm.org web site and download fvwm-themes, you
can make your desktop beautiful with relative ease. The Themes include a
built-in tool to change background color, among other things. I found
the standard setup for FVWM to be pretty ugly, the Themes makes it look
as good as KDE in my opinion.

regards,
Robert