Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:51:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
Subject:   Upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.1 (fwd)

Dear Mr. Bahwi,

   You can expect a lot of trouble with messages like
> ./netscape
ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXt.so.6.0"

   This happens even though ls shows the existence of the library:

>/usr/X11R6/lib>ls -laF libXt.*
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  341022 Feb  5 15:23 libXt.a
lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel      10 Feb  5 15:23 libXt.so@ -> libXt.so.6
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  291585 Feb  5 15:23 libXt.so.6*
lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel      10 Feb 16 11:03 libXt.so.6.0@ -> libXt.so.6

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.                        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
Biochemistry Dept. 8231
Washington Univ. Medical School               314.362.3351  fax 7183
660 South Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
          http://barnes1.wustl.edu       Just plain Taq is old tech anymore.

   This happens even though netscape was freshly built with the aid
of port-current.