Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:31:45 -0400
From:      Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing T/TCP and replacing it with something simpler

--=-=-=

> I intend to remove T/TCP (transactional TCP) support from our TCP
> implementation for the following reasons:

Yeah, I think that makes a bunch of sense.

> Thus after the removal of T/TCP for the reasons above I want to provide
> a work-alike replacement for T/TCP's functionality:

I haven't fully digested this yet.  But, I'll voice my distaste for
implementing things that just seem to "Make Sense".  That's a model that
has been used and is used by other operating systems and those of us who
watch packets can attest that things that "Make Sense" often don't and
likely would have benefitted by a bit more thought and a bit more
vetting.  I would be happier if something like this were vetted out a
bit more (written up, digested by folks, etc.)  before it went into
anything but someone's experimental kernel.  Just my two cents.

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

--=-=-=