Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 15:58:36 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>
To:        Gary Eggerton <gary@eggerton78.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD directory structure

Hi Gary!

Try "man hier"

Although I wouldn't try to draw to many comparisons between windows and
FreeBSD, you'll find the differences quite significant.

Generally, the configuration files that you would expect to find in
c:\windows or c:\ are now in /etc or /usr/local/etc

And program files are in /bin, /sbin or /usr/local/bin

Hope this helps!!

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>
http://www.boothman.easynet.co.uk/andrew/