Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:24:06 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Thomas <thomas@clark.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GDB front ends anyone?

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 02:36:57PM -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:

> I've just started porting some quasi-generic C++ code from Windows to UNIX
> using gcc2.95.1. After plunking around with raw gdb for a few hours I
> quickly desired a graphical front-end. (I'll give MS credit - VCs debugging
> environment is nice). Anyhow, I'm guessing debugger FEs are
> quasi-religious, but nevertheless I'll ask: Anyone have a preference?
>
> Poking through the ports I see:
>
> ddd-3.1.4

Try ddd, it's excellent. I think you'll like it after using VC. It
even has some of the neat VC type features, like the value of a
variable popping-up as a tooltip when you move the cursor over it.

Take a look at the ddd website (includes screenshots):

http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd/

HTH

> xxgdb-1.12
> gdbtk-4.16
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark
> ---
> thomas@clark.net ---> http://www.clark.net/pub/thomas
> PBEM Eldritch --------> http://www.pbegames.com
> [TM4463-ORG]

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.