Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:27:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dylan Carlson <damage_z@yahoo.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   List changes (was: home pc use)

Agree.  We really need a "freebsd-discussion" list to move these threads to.
They're valid discussions, however, the purpose of this list is to answer
people's questions (unless I misunderstood the charter).

The questions list should be moderated. There's way too much noise.  As much as
I would love to help people, this list is impossible to sort the real questions
from the countless opinions and rhetoric.   I'm very close to unsubscribing.

I've said this once already, we really need to consider using the format of the
Sun Manager's list:  start moderating, using SUMMARY subject lines, and
potentially monthly SUMMARY digests.   If you guys have never subscribed to a
well-managed list like Sun Managers before, you should do so and see how well
it works.

Otherwise, everyone is wasting a lot of time on this list and people aren't
getting the help they might otherwise need.

My $1.63.  I'd be happy to help out taking turns moderating or doing my part.

Cheers,