Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:50:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      dutchman@spase.nl (Kees Jan Koster)
Subject:   Solaris CacheFS for FreeBSD?

Hoi,

Some time ago I installed a sun workstation with a friend of mine. We
found that sun has a special filesystem called CacheFS. It can cache
remote filesystems (and CD-ROMS too, I think) on a local disk, thus
reducing network load and increasing performance.

Is there something like it under FreeBSD? Is there a quick-'n-dirty way
to try it out and make some performance measurements? With the results
I might persuade our sysop to trash linux and use FreeBSD instead ;)

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan

Kees Jan Koster                   e-mail: dutchman@spase.nl
Van Somerenstraat 50              tel: NL-24-3234708
6521 BS  Nijmegen
         the Netherlands
 Who is this general Failure and why is he reading my disk?  (anonymous)