Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:05:39 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        David van Deijk <davidd@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rconsole

In the last episode (Sep 08), David van Deijk said:
> This is a Novell-related question. I was wondering if there was some
> unix program along the lines of the MS-DOS-program rconsole to
> control novell-servers on the same network

You should be able to just telnet into the Netware server.  If you get
"connection refused", load inetcfg on the Netware box, pick "Manage
Configuration", pick "Configure Remote Access To This Server", and
enable "Telnet Connections".

If you telnet from an Xterm, you'll actually get a color rconsole
window exported to your X display.  If you telnet from the console,
you'll want to run screen and have the following in your .telnetrc,
since Netware expects you to be running a true vt100 terminal:

mynovellserver.host.com
 set flushoutput off
 environ define TERM vt

--