Date:      1 Sep 1999 12:18:34 -0700
From:      wwoods@cybcon.com
To:        andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM
Cc:        mi@aldan.algebra.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Linux StarOffice51 runs on -stable

Woulden't a port be the better option though? There are ports of Linux based Netscape.......

On Wed, 01 September 1999, Will Andrews wrote:

> On 01-Sep-99 Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> > If Sun doesn't release the sources this month, I'll submit a port...
>
> I was going to update the source port myself.. ;P
>
> I don't think it's really possible to make a port for the Linux-bin version of
> StarOffice, as it requires X11 to be running (setup prog..), and requires
> hacking around with linux libraries.
>
> Besides, there are already howto's around the Net. Maybe you missed them.. look
> around at http://www.freebsdrocks.com/ and other such sites. I posted about
>
> --
> Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>

William
Our funds have Star Power. Explore our site and share your investment
ideas and real-life experiences. Find the Transamerica Premier Fund that's
right for you. Visit
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;529412;3450872;h?http://www.transamericafunds.
com/legal.html