Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:14:27 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG

Amancio Hasty:
 |Only members are allowed to post to the multimedia mailing list.

This is a bad idea IMO.

Some newer folks that pick up the Bt848 driver or some FreeBSD util and
have trouble with it want to mail a question without signing up for a
mailing list, waiting until they know they're getting the messages, post
the question, accumulate a bunch of irrelevent list mail, get their answer,
and then unsubscribe.

They'll more likely just drop the driver/utility, forget the problem, and
go onto something else.  That's what we'll be encouraging.

Don't forget that not everyone has an ISP that let's them accumulate the
mail traffic some mailing lists produce, even if they're willing to put up
with the inconvenience of subscribe/wait/post/wait/unsubscribe/clean house.

I do this same thing with various S/W I use.

Do the few Windoze posts we get here from time to time annoy you that much?
Hey man, relax and take a vacation. ;-)

Randall