Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:02:42 -0800
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.org
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RC2: release docs

If memory serves me right, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> We have the full set of release docs with 5.0-RC2 (which I uploaded
> this morning so it should slowly arrive on FTP mirrors over the
> weekend).  Since the release docs are copied from i386 (I think) it
> would be appreciated if they could be reviewed. I expect they are
> less than slightly inaccurate in its current form.

From what I can remember (I'm on holiday and not in a position to do
much FreeBSD stuff), the release notes should be pretty much OK with
the existing conditional compilation.  The hardware notes need some
major work (principally, the part that talks about what CPUs are
supported, but I bet the list of various disk devices, NICs,
etc. isn't complete).  A good start would be to sit down with
hardcopies of the hardware notes for ia64 and one other architecture
(I recommend either i386 or alpha) and compare them.

I'm pretty sure the install docs could use some work too.

I can help once I return (early January)...I have lots of release docs
knowledge but not much ia64 fu.

Bruce.