Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:42:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD panics with Mylex DAC960SX

> Try applying the attached patch to scsi_all.c.  It isn't the final patch
> for this problem, the solution is probably a little more complicated than
> this.  But hopefully this will let us know whether the problem is what we
> think it is.

A 3.2R system boots fine with this patch.  Well, not "fine", the drive
isn't there but that is OK of course.  I can dredge up the exact messages
it burped out if you'd like; something along the lines of "query device size
failed NOT READY"...  which replaces the line on the 3.1R system that was
all mangled to hell.

Let me know if there are further things you would like me to test.

... Joe