Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:38:54 -0700
From:      Nicolas Galler <beanie@gryphonmud.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sqlrelay sqlr-listener wont start

Hi,

I installed sqlrelay (0.32_2), it gives me the following error when running
sqlr-start:

anoat:/usr/ports/databases/sqlrelay# sqlr-start -id naboo-ms

Starting listener:
  sqlr-listener -id naboo-ms -config /usr/local/etc/sqlrelay.conf

sqlr-listener error:
    Unable to create a semaphore set segment.  This is usally because an
    sqlr-listener is already running for the naboo-ms instance.

    If it is not running, something may have crashed and left an old segment
    lying around.  Use the ipcs command to inspect existing semaphore set
    segments and the ipcrm command to remove the semaphore set segment with
    id -1.

sqlr-listener in free(): error: chunk is already free

(then some error messages about not being able to connect to sqlr-listener)

I used ipcs but dont see any ID -1 (in fact the only things there are from
pgsql).
This is Freebsd 5.1-RELEASE. I have the following options in the kernel:
options     SYSVSHM         #SYSV-style shared memory
options     SYSVMSG         #SYSV-style message queues
options     SYSVSEM         #SYSV-style semaphores
Is there anything else to add for sqlrelay to work properly?

And sqlrelay was compiled with tds and postgresql support (the message above
was given when I tried the pg id but the freetds one gave the exact same
thing)

Thanks
Nick