Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:23:21 -0500
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Run MTRG every 5 minutes

I finally got MRTG to run, and it will work if I manually run it.  I'm
trying to automate it to where it runs every 5 minutes.  I tried editing the
/etc/crontab file and added:

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * mrtg
/mnt/vdrv/inetpub/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

It's not working.  I also tried:

8/5 * * * * mrtgusr mrtg /mnt/vdrv/inetpub/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

That's not working, either.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  What is
the best way to get MRTG to run every 5?