Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:46:04 -0800
From:      "Reginald S. Perry" <reggie@lambdawerks.org>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LinuxThreads and SMP?

I have a 4 CPU Digital Prioris ZX that I am playing with. I tried to fire up
the IBM JDK 1.1.8 for Linux on -current. It has native threads for linux. It
failed, but with this on the console:

Feb 21 01:17:10 miles /kernel: linux: modify_ldt needs kernel option
USER_LDT

So I added that option and then got sigaltstack signals complaining about
not enough memory, and this was on the console:

Feb 21 01:27:46 miles /kernel: kernel trap 9 with interrrupts disabled
Feb 21 01:28:06 miles /kernel: kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

I got these messages in a nice, tight, loop several hundred times until I
did ^C to the process.

Has anyone tried this JDK on FreeBSD?

-Reggie