Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:05:59 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Alexey <demlex@oggi.spb.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: windows emulation (was no subject)

> Alexey wrote:
>
> Does FreeBSD support of MS Window's emulation? Can I setup programs
> for MS Windows from FreeBSD?
>                                                     Best
> regardes.                    Alexey Dementsov

You can install an emulator, (wine is the actualy software -it's in the
FreeBSD ports collection). Typically you can run windows software with
wine, but I havn't seen or heard of anyone running windows setup
programs, (installers, etc). It helps if you actually install MS.Windows
on a partition, and make wine's setup reflect it.
	Of coure, you could always just concentrate a little more effort into
working with FreeBSD; chances are you'll find a better software package
for what you want to do than windows has to offer.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com