Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 12:21:22 -0400 (edt)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Glynn Clements <glynn@sensei.co.uk>
Cc:        "Numard (Norberto Meijome)" <numard@smartmedia.com.ar>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Secure commerce?

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Numard (Norberto Meijome) wrote:
>
> > i'm interested in setting up an https server to do web commerce. The
> > server is in USA. I'm actually running apache. I was planning to install
> > apache-ssl (w/ ssl-Leavy).

Running apache-ssl in the USA you will run into licensing problems with
RSA.  I tried licensing directly through them and was told the license
would cost $10,000 plus royalties.  Both RedHat and Debian have made deals
with RSA, perhaps someone like Walnut Creek could do likewise.  I'm still
investigating whether the RedHat or Debian license of RSA is transferable
to a different OS, 'cuze I won't run linux (I've admin'd enough of that).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow