Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:06:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp, symbios, Intel MB problem

Today Mike Smith wrote:

> The problem you're alluding to never manifested these symptoms.

I couldn't recall the specifics, just the HW combination.

> If you haven't resolved this already, try 'boot -v' and see if you get
> any more verbose output (ie. so that we can for example tell if it's
> still hung up in the fxp driver).

It turned out to be an ne2000 compat. (ed driver) card that was
also in the box.  Since then I've come across two other ISA, ed
driver, cards that won't work with 4.1 in boxes with two NICs.
Thank you to who ever is responsible, I've wanted to get rid of
those antiques for a while.  :)

If I get time I'll try them in my test box and see if I can
narrow down the problem .

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null