Date:      06 Nov 1999 16:12:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Old Packages

"Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com> writes:

> I'm tring to find an old lib, to be specific xpm3.4j.tgz. I assume that
> since it would be under packages of previous releases. No lucky. It seems
> that the package list for a old releases( i looked in the 2.2.8 directory
> and in a few 3.2 stables) is update to the new packages, is this true. If so
> is there a place that the old packages are kept.

I would try browsing the CVS repository through it's web interface,
looking for the last release of the ports subsystem that contains your
library.  Copying that release with cvsup should be kind of easy then.

Regards.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]