Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:15:01 -0400
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        David Empey <empey@plato.ml.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with Apache

> I've just installed Apache 1.3.0 on my FreeBSD 2.2.2 (ya, I know, getting
> old) box, and it will not run.  I had an older version of Apache running
> without problems, and made no other changes to the system.  Any ideas?

What does your httpd error log say?

There were various changes in the configuration files from Apache 1.2.x to
1.3.0. If you're using your old configuration files, your problem almost
certainly lies there. Look in the error log to see what httpd's objection to
starting was, and make the appropriate changes to your config files.

Chris Johnson