Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 21:52:30 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting max memory to use on Alpha?

Folks,

Shouldn't we set a default to the max phys memory
FreeBSD can use? Using hw.physmem in the loader I mean.

Given that the maximum amount of mem that can safely be
used on all system models appears to be 1G.

BTW: my AS4100 is now running with 2G without incidents.
Which is a bit strange as I understood from Drew (tnx btw!)
that only Tsunami boxes can run with 2G and everything else
is limited to 1G?

Might be useful to have something like this in 5.1R

Or have I missed something?

Wilko