Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:01:31 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GCC 3.1.1, OpenOffice and STABLE

+----[ Esto dijo Bjarne Wichmann Petersen (freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk):

| Hi!
|
| I can see that the packages on <http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/>; are
| compiled with GCC 3.1.1 and my system i running GCC 2.95.4. I guess I need to
| install gcc 3.1.1 to get the correct libs installed on my system.

Hi,

perhaps asking the obvious ... if you're installing from
binary packages (I am already downloading them) do you need
to have gcc 3.1.1 installed?

I'm guessing that this is only needed when compiling from
sources.

I have tried to compile OO-101 and gave up, I am now about to
try the binary packages. Can I safely remove the gcc31
installed by the port?

[ rest of message snipped ]

+----]

--