Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:18:38 +0100
From:      Frank Thyes <thyes@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: system randomly freezes

Hi Gergely,

+++ Gergely CZUCZY [Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 06:27:31PM CET]:

> I have sent this as a PR, but Remko Lodder suggested that
> it should be discuessed here. I have seen several other
> examples to very similar unstability issues in the mailing
> lists previously. When i have posted this to -questions@
> there also was a person who said he has fimilar behaviours
> sometimes.
>
> so, here it goes:
> >Environment:
> System: FreeBSD marvin.harmless.hu 6.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 #0: Mon Oct 2 14:54:14 CEST 2006 root@marvin.harmless.hu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MARVIN i386

I am experiencing the same problem on super micro boxes. The system
simply stops responding. No ping, no crash dump, no entry in syslog.

The solution was quiet easy. After replacing the dimms everthing was
fine.

Unfortunately the 5013C-MT did not have DMI event logging.

Regards
Frank
--
mal doof in die runde gefragt.
lese hier oft von brain 1.0 oder auch 2.8 wenn es um antivirusprogs geht.