Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 22:56:34 +0300
From:      Iani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
To:        Freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   setting lptcontrol type in rc.conf

Hi,

It's a question anyway, but maybe freebsd-hackers would answer better.

Ok. I've got a HP LaserJet 5P printer and I 'feel' the interrupts during
printing. I don't know where's the problem, but it's not much important.
I set the printer in polled mode and it works significantly better.

My question is: What about adding some variables in rc.conf for setting the
printer(s) mode at boot time, something like:

PARALLEL_DEVICES="lpt0 lpt1 ..."
PMODE_lpt0="-i"
PMODE_lpt1="-p"

Thanks,