Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 08:58:02 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        ByteSavers International <cerise@geocities.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD woes.

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 06:07:43PM -0700, ByteSavers International wrote:
> According to you folk, a file image of 1,474,560 bytes will fit on my 3.5"
> floppy.

A good thing when starting to use a new OS, is to actually read the
README's that come with the CD's or are in the appropriate directorys on
the FTP site! It tells you how to put the !! images !! (not files) on
the floppies.

ie. from UNIX, use dd, and from DOS use fdimage.exe.

> After 2 formats (one under DOS 6.22 and one under Slackware 4.0), I find
> several of my floppy disks holding 1,457,664 bytes...
>
> 1,474,560 bytes > 1,457,664 bytes, therefore no luck.  What to do?
>
> -Phil/CERisE
> SomeOtherPerson: we have no cheese in the house!
> SomeOtherPerson: err..we do, but it's non-fat tasteless garbage
> CERisE8192: Well that's because you're pathetic weight-watchers ;)
> SomeOtherPerson: it almost ruined my sunday night...
>
> 6:20-ish 10/18/99

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)