Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:52:13 -0800
From:      "oldfart@gtonet" <oldfart@gtonet.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail and Identd

Do you want to be popular or do you want to stop sending mail from the wrong
sender due to roaming profiles? Personally, I thought the webmail interface
fixed your problem perfectly. The users would send/receive e-mail to/from
the proper account, *every* time. You could even set a cron job with a
couple of small shell scripts to turn the webmail interface off and on
during certain hours (if needed) to make sure students didn't abuse it
after-hours, from home. Roaming profiles no longer matter for mail and they
all know how to use a browser. Sounds like minimal-pain to me. You may
become MORE popular. Patching sendmail to work with broken roaming profiles
sounds like much more work. Another possibility, is to change where your
"network drive with your profile" is located to ensure they always (not
likely) get it.

OF