Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:32:37 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Motty Cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs on FreeBSD 8.2 64bit stuck in "One or more devices is currently being resilvered"

> Am 20.03.2015 um 23:25 schrieb Motty Cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com>:
>=20
> Hello Rainer,
>=20
> a disk went bad, I had to replace it, soon after replacing the bad HDD =
it started the "resilver" process. Process went on and on for hours, =
unfortunately server stop responding, I was force to reboot. after =
rebooting started "resilver" process again, from zero. I put the HDD =
offline replace it "thinking it was a factory bad HHD" started the =
"resilver" process again.
>=20

I would assume that the ZFS still thinks it=E2=80=99s the old disk =
somehow.
This is what usually happens then.

I=E2=80=99m not sure if an upgraded FreeBSD will help you with your =
resilver-problem.

Can you describe what you did to replace the disk?