Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:41:47 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xserver problem when logged on as user, no problem as root

On Saturday 05 January 2002 12:33 am, Kent Stewart wrote:
> Chip wrote:
> > On Friday 04 January 2002 19:27, Matthew Graybosch wrote:

> >>You need a line that reads "XFREE86_VERSION=3D4" in /etc/make.conf
> >
> > Thanks, that did it. One note, I don't have /etc/make.conf, but I do =
have
> > /etc/defaults/make.conf. I went ahead and used that one and it worked
> > fine.
>
> You don't want to do that. Create /etc/make.conf and add the XFREE line
> to it. Everytime you do a system update the /etc/defaults files are
> updated and you will have to redit the make.conf. If you add it to
> /etc/make.conf, it is kept around and used when you do a make involving
> XFree86.
>
> You don't have to redo anything. This just makes it easier.
>
> Kent
>
> > Thanks,

Gotcha, copied it to /etc and put the original back to the way it was.=20
Regards
--=20
Chip
chip@wiegand.org
www.wiegand.org
Windows 95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patc=
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.