Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:08:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Korea (was: Sendmail Spam RBL)

On 20 Jun 2002, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> On a similar note, I've given in to the tempation to blackhole Korea on my
> personal MX.  I really hate to do it, but I'm getting about 40-50 spams a
> day from various hosts in that country.  Does anyone have a better method
> than adding lines to `access' every time I get a mail I don't like:

I've been blocking a /16 every time a spam comes in from Korea.  (And
other countries, but mostly they are from Korea.)  I also add the
spamvertised domains, which are frequently not identied with the .kr
TLD.  Additionally, I use SPEWS (http://www.spews.org), although it
doesn't catch a lot of the Korean spam.

My opinion of what /etc/mail/access should contain as of today is
available at

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/access

It's fairly large; don't use it as-is unless you've scanned through
it.  For instance, I reject mail from yahoo.com.

FreeBSD content:

I like the "make maps" shortcut--update /etc/mail/access and do "make
maps" and it's in place.