Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 11:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   INN-1.7.2 (from ports): Must have exactly one ME entry

If I had a mind, I think I might have misplaced it....  :-(

I'm trying to set up a new machine as our news server.  I'm running
2.2.6-RELEASE on it; I fetched & built the "inn" port.

Here are the complaints:

innd: bad_newsfeeds. Must have exactly one ME entry
innd: bad_newsfeeds. Must have exactly one ME entry
innd: SERVER syntax_error /usr/local/news/lib/newsfeeds
innd: SERVER syntax_error /usr/local/news/lib/newsfeeds

No, I'm not repeating myself; that is verbatim.  (I elided the timestamp
& hostname information from each line, since I don't have reason to
believe it would be useful for this exercise.)

In /usr/local/news/lib:

% sed -e 's/#.*//' -e '/^$/d' newsfeeds
ME\
	:*,!whistle*,!local*,!junk,!control\
	/world,usa,na,ba,gnu,bionet,pubnet,u3b,eunet,vmsnet,inet,ddn,k12\
	::
uunet\
	:/!local,!whistle\
	:Tf,Wnm:
overview!:*:Tc,WO:/usr/local/news/bin/overchan

inncheck says:

% bin/inncheck
%

Either innd is reading some other file, or one of us can't count.  :-(

(I've tried firing up innd under "ktrace -d", but it desn't seem to be
too good about actually tracking the kid processes after an "exec"....)

I would appreciate clues....

Thanks,
david
--