Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:36:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        leth@primus.ca
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, Jacques.Caron@IPsector.com, bms@spc.org, dan@langille.org
Subject:   Re: getting wi running as a bridge

In message: <20020926112828.N52066-100000@lethargic.dyndns.org>
            Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca> writes:
: > To obtain a real 802.11 bridge, you need the cards to be able to run in
: > so-called WDS mode, but I'm not even sure this is supported with the
: > PRISM cards, let alone the Orinocos.
:
: Do you mean it's not supported by the driver in FreeBSD?  I ask this
: because I have one of those Apple Airports (an older one), and they use
: Orinoco Silver cards.

Apple Airports load tertiary firmware into the Orinoco cards to get AP
functionality.  There's also a FreeBSD driver for orinoco cards that
loads the AP firmware, but it is just not available to anybody at all
:-(.

Warner