Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:13:35 -0800
From:      "Paul Sue" <consultant4hire@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GRUB problems (dual-boot FreeBSD + Mandrake)

Hi,

I installed mdk8.1 on 1st disk and FreeBSD 4.4 on 2nd disk.

After installing FreeBSD, I went back into mandrake to add FreeBSD to
/boot/grub/menu.lst:

title linux
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 devfs=mount quiet vga=788

title freeBSD
root (hd1,a)     # also tried root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/loader

(as per www.gnu.org/manual/grub-0.90/html_node/grub_19.html)

When I reboot, I don't see FreeBSD as one of the choices.

Is there another file I have to edit or ???

Thanks,

Paul