Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:31:45 -0600
From:      David Holland <dholland@xmission.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK1.2.2 Alpha(v9), JBuilder35, and JITs...

Greg Lewis wrote:

> Interesting.  So things work with TYA, do they also work without any JIT
> whatsoever?  The problems look like they may be with the respective JIT's
> rather than the JDK port, but I could be wrong.
>
> --
> Greg Lewis                              glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
> Computing Officer                       +61 8 8303 5083
> Teletraffic Research Centre

I should have mentioned - aside from running a bit slower, JBuilder
also seems to work fine with no JIT at all.  {Using FreeBSD-4 7/8 Snap,
PIII-450/256M ram}

With no JIT, accessing the file menu can be slow in that it may not
completely paint right away (haven't noticed this with tya).

Also, when trying to use servlet-runner to debug a servlet I get errors
about not being able to initialize a connection using jpda.  I don't
belive the nt version uses jpda by default with servlet runner - aside
from downloading jpda from sun, I haven't tried to diagnose it further
yet.  But I can just right click and run the servlet.

Looking forward to trying it out with Enhydra next!

David Holland