Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:37:15 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Publishing with Apache

Hi,

  I'm using FreeBSD 3.4 and am running an Apache 1.3 server as part of our
local intranet at work.

I need to find an easy way for content publishers in different departments
to be able to compose
and publish web pages to my Apache server.  I've read all the documentation
that comes
with Apache, as well as relevant chapters in different reference books but
haven't found any
easy to follow instructions that tells how to set up this kind of access.

I know that one way to do this is to add a new module into Apache's
configuration but
all the instructions I've seen on this, tell you to run ./configure
--add-module=/path/to/mod_put.c
but it doesn't tell you where to do this from.  I think I remember seeing a
reference to /usr/apache/src but
I don't have that directory on my system.

I've already tried adding the "LoadModule" and "AddModule" lines to my
httpd.conf file but this doesn't work.
I keep getting a syntax-type error when I restart the server, so I had to
lines.

I've downloaded the module mod_put.c and placed it in
/usr/local/libexec/apache.

Any help or info on this would be appreciated.  I really need to be able to
make content publishing easy for
our users.

Thanks

Joe