Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:41:30 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   optimal cc flags?

again something i remember asking a while back, but i dont remember anymore
if i got answers or not...

i still have just '-O2 -m486 -pipe' in /etc/make.conf for default flags,
ans have been wondering what would suit better for both pentium and
pentium pro machine? (separatedly)

and i dont want to run to the last edge, just something that uses the
cpu features "well" but "safe" in some manner...

ofcourse if there's "unsafe" way that works fine, let me know...

and if there's some flags one should use for kernel compiling, also
suggestions for those would be welcome...

i am running a "production" server, though it's at home, so i rather
do keep up with -current... at work the real production servers are
usually the latest release... (waiting anxiously my 2.1.6 cdroms... =) )

mickey
--
   mika ruohotie    mika@aeon.net   mickey@supsys.fi