Date:      Sat, 21 May 2005 23:53:26 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em and bge driver MPSAFE?

Mipam wrote this message on Wed, May 11, 2005 at 16:39 +0200:
> Perhaps lame to ask,
> But are the em and bge driver MPSAFE?
> I couldn't find notes about being mpsafe in the man pages of these
> drivers?

I was about to point you to:
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/busdma/

But realized that you probably wanted status on 5.x, and not HEAD...

a quick look at the code shows that both em and bge are MPSAFE... I
can tell because of no references to Giant or GIANT, and that it using
XX_LOCK and has functions ending in _locked in them...

Maybe we need to expand the busdma project to include which driver
status for 5.x and HEAD?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579