Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:19:37 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

The length of that last message is beginning to indicate a degree of
circumlocution in what you are saying. If only others on EFNET could be as
literate :O)

Screwdrivers to hammer nails. I'll just note:

> IRC is not, for me, an instrument of anything more than general
> amusement,

So it is no better or worse than your penis :)

>nor do I have enough faith in the underlying technology to
> try and make any more out of it than that and nor should you.  If one

What is it you don't have faith in exactly. All it requires to be inviting
to newbies is to exercise self control. That requires 'brain technology'.
I dare say you and your league may have lost some of that wading in the
cesspool.

Each to their own...