Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:45:29 -0400
From:      "David P. Caldwell" <david@code.davidpcaldwell.com>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using API keys in the FreeBSD Chromium port

Thanks for doing this! I was a bit mystified as to why sync had
broken, and stumbled here, eventually.

I've used some of the other Google APIs and, at least for those, I'm
pretty sure these are intended to be per-application (not per-user)
keys, so I think including them in the build is consistent with what
they are "normally" for.

See https://code.google.com/apis/console/ where you "create a project"
and get an API key that your application uses when issuing requests.

See also https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/python/guide/aaa_apikeys

I agree the language "don't share with other users" is confusing, so
I'm not 100% sure.

-- David Caldwell
http://www.davidpcaldwell.com/