Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:58:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
Cc:        m_evmenkin@yahoo.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Anycom bluetooth progress

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> > I noticed there is no rc.bluetooth in march tarball, so I reused it and
> > userland tools from february tarball.
>
> oops my fault. i have uploaded updated tarball at the same location.
> please DO NOT use old userspace and new kernel. this WILL NOT work.
> you should
>
> 1) download new tarball
> 2) update haders /usr/include/netgraph/bluetooth/include
> 3) build and install new kernel and userspace (usr.{s}bin)/bluetooth

Aha,

> > My goal is to get GPRS working over bluetooth and T39 mobile phone.
>
> note: you also will need the attached ppp patch.

I'm aware of that patch, yes,

> > My progress so far: majority of commands in hccontrol works, I can create
> > connection to phone using "create_connection" command, phone can discover
> > my PC. But some hccontrol commands don't work:
> >
> > # hccontrol -n ubt0hci initialize
> > Could not execute command "initialize". Invalid argument
>
> as i said you should use rebuild ALL userspace tools.

well, rc script wasn't only thing missing in 0305 tarball, usr.bin and
usr.sbin was missing too so I took them too from february tarball. I'll
fetch new tarball and rebuild everything.

In fact, I'll have to reinstall whole system because my hard drive just
died yesterday :(

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Don't shoot me. Just the messenger.