Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 15:19:24 +0100
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hidden File

Alex Kwan wrote:

> Hi
>
> How to view and edit a hidden file and
> make a normal file to be a hidden file?
>
> Thanks

If you mean a file such as, .profile then the following may be a good
method.

1) emacs .profile

2) The concept of hidden file in UNIX is not the same as MS products.
   Do the following, man ls

I would try to be more lucid when asking a question like this.

-d
|         Stuff n. -trappings, essence, junk, things, gear         |