Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:31:55 -0700
From:      Nick Pavlica <linicks@gmail.com>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3+ Vinum or Gvinum

Andrea,
  I have started testing with gstripe and have had good results to
this point.  I'm still a little unclear about how to make my stripe
persistent after a reboot?  My server consists of three drives.  A
40GB drive that has the operating system and two 200Gb drives that I'm
using for the raid 0 volume.  I was also curious about a couple of
other things.

- There is a .snap directory on the volume.  Is this used by gstripe?
- I changed the mode to fast and didn't notice any difference in my
basic performance testing.  Is there any advantage of using fast?
- I used newfs -O 2 to create a UFS2 file system on the volume.  Is
this treated like any other UFS2 volume that can utilize fsck, etc?
- How resiliant is this volume if the system were to crash?

--Thanks!
Nick