Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:42:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Tomas TPS Ulej <lists@tps.sk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail from os

> "_host_ security check"  and
> "_host_ dailt runoutp"

> I would like to disable them. Can someone advise on whether or not this
> is a horrible idea, and if not let me know how to disable it?

I thing daily report is good for routine administering ') If you are no guru
you cannot see all security holes, changes in passwd system etc without
scripts like daily script

If you want disable it review your /etc/crontab lines and remark lines with
# at begging, look for:

# do daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
0       2       *       *       *       root    /etc/daily 2>&1 | sendmail root
30      3       *       *       6       root    /etc/weekly 2>&1 | sendmail root
30      5       1       *       *       root    /etc/monthly 2>&1 | sendmail root

first line is daily report, next weekly report and last monthly report ')

--
Tomas 'TPS' Ulej
System Administrator, ISP NETLAB+ Slovakia, http://www.netlab.sk