Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 11:10:21 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "FreeBSD questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to NOT get booteasy at install?

Every time I install FreeBSD I get Booteasy. With every new install I
try to NOT have installed, but no matter what I do it installs.

Just installed 2.2.7 and not only Booteasy was installed, but for the
first time I am not able to get rid of it. I use OS/2 boot manager.

How I installed 2.2.7: Did label without going into partitioning.
Deleted old mount points (slices?) and did new ones (I wanted to
change the space allocation). Continue with install. I was not asked
if I wanted boot easy or not.

After install finished I reboot and found Booteasy install. At first
it seemed to be working; I was able to go into win95, OS/2 and
FreeBSD. This morning I was not able to go into Win95 and when I went
into OS/2 I got OS/2's boot manager and still could not boot Win95.

>From OS/2 tried re-installing the boot manager. Tried deleting the
FreeBSD partition. Finally I boot from a win95 floppy and did "sys
c:". I STILL get booteasy, but at least now I can get into win95.

Questions
-How do I get rid of booteasy so I can re-install OS/2 boot manager?

-What do I have to do TO NOT GET booteasy. With every install I have
ever done of FreeBSD I have tried at one point or another all three
boot options (Boot manager, normal and leave boot record alone) and
it seems boot easy get's installed no matter what. At least on
previous versions I was able to re-install OS/2 boot manager.